COMMUNITY 2018-01-14T09:05:36+00:00

With almost two decades of community experience in both Urban and Rural contexts I have seen a broad range of ministry in community. My ethos is to work ‘with’ the community and not just serve but empowering as we share ourselves and the love of God in action. However, it is vitally important we share the good news spoken to those who are lost. Many people are looking for the missing piece in their lives, if you have questions please try this website.

“The work of the churches and of Jonny Gios, in Kendal during and after the devastating floods in December 2015 was the most real and tangible example of the church getting stuck in to help local communities when they needed it most.  Jonny seeks to help churches to engage with and support the local communities they serve.   This aspiration lies at the heart of the Christian mission to serve and make our communities better for all.”

PETER MCCALL – POLICE COMMISSIONER FOR CUMBRIA

RECENT WORK IN CUMBRIA

EXAMPLES OF WORK UNDERTAKEN IN THE LAST FEW YEARS IN URBAN AND RURAL COMMUNITIES

Ignite the Light

October 20th, 2015|Uncategorized|

‘HUNDREDS SHINE WITH BRIGHTLINE’ 8 DIFFERENT CHURCHES, 70 VOLUNTEERS AND 250 YOUNG PEOPLE! #ITL2015 #ITL2014 #ITL2013 On Saturday 24th October 2015, hundreds of young people from all over Cumbria packed in to see one of the Message [...]

Load More Posts

Article Archive

HISTORY, THROUGH HIS GRACE WITH POWER FROM ON HIGH

Our Work

Hope Community

July 20th, 2017|0 Comments

ONE of the best-known names in Kendal's flood recovery effort - the Rev Jonny Gios, of Sandylands Methodist Church - is taking on a fresh challenge in the new year.The community worker and father-of-two lead [...]

Community Awards

July 18th, 2017|0 Comments

If we were invited to her house well, we were definitely going to stay right to the end! It was an immense privilege to be invited to one of the three garden parties that are [...]

Over 60’s Holiday Club

October 20th, 2016|0 Comments

Whilst I worked at Sandylands Methodist Church in Kendal, Cumbria, the church stepped out as it developed and established – a holiday club for the over 60s. The 2nd Holiday club happened in October 2016 [...]

Ready to Talk?

CAN I HELP BRIDGE THE GAP BETWEEN CHURCH AND YOUR COMMUNITY?

Contact Me